Washington, Indiana
Back to Homepage
City Government
Economic Development
Visit Washington


Can I pay my traffic ticket here? I’m suppose to be in court today.

Traffic tickets are paid at the County Clerks office, located at the courthouse.

County Clerks office number is 254-8664.

Can I defer my City traffic ticket here?
The papers you need to sign to defer a City traffic ticket are from our office, but you will pay for the ticket at the County Courthouse.
I live in the City of Washington; do I pay my property taxes here?
All property tax payments are made at the Courthouse in the County Treasurer’s office.

The County Treasurer’s number is 254-8677

Where do I pay my property taxes or question the assessed value of my property?
Questions about your property taxes or assessed value of your property can be answered at the Assessor’s Office. If you live in the City of Washington, the Township Assessor’s number is 254-8661

I am supposed to be in court today. Can you tell me what time and which court (Superior or Circuit)?

Circuit Court Clerk’s number is 254-8664

Superior Court Clerk’s number is 254-8669